Home Page Forums MAMPS MAMPS Case Histories Your thoughts on a miscarriage case at 8 weeks after an acupuncture treatment Reply To: Your thoughts on a miscarriage case at 8 weeks after an acupuncture treatment

• Amy Mager

March 5, 2021 at 3:08 am

This is very interesting and brings up a situation that will come up in many ways. In this case, it appears to be correlation not causation. Stomach 36 of all points, is the strongest point in the body to build Qi, to rectify Qi and to lift what has sunken. I want to remember that it’s name means “Leg 3 miles”. It is described both as being translated that it helps you be so strong that it chases disease 3 miles away and that it gives you the strength to walk 3 miles. It is easy to want to blame yourself or to find a cause for miscarriage, and the truth is, we just don’t know. I appreciate that you cited research Deborah and I would definitely want to include research in a way that mom could hear. When pregnancies are so early, there are a lot of things that can go sideways. There are so many things that can go sideways, it’s a miracle that anyone stays pregnant ever. I hear how much you want to find a reason for the miscarriage, and we just do not know. I appreciate and value that you brought this to my attention and wanted to have a conversation about this.

I want to remind you not to blame yourself, and know that while there is much that we know, there is more that we do not. I am here with you to support you. If you want, you can have genetic testing on the fetus, but often it is hard to get insurance to cover that unless you have had multiple miscarriages.

I am here to support you and be present with you and remind you that we cannot control this process. We can control our thoughts. Every thought we have, every emotionally experience, as a direct, measurable, bio chemical reaction in our bodies. How can I support you in this moment?