Home Page Forums MAMPS General Questions Vaccinations Reply To: Vaccinations

• Anita Curry

March 29, 2021 at 6:35 pm

Hello!

I was just about to post the same question.

After listening to the lecture, I started taking an unofficial poll of how many midwives and OBs are having this discussion with my pregnant patients. Here is what I found so far:

Those working in hospitals and birth centers, or as teachers, have all gotten theirs. They all tell me they feel safer having the vaccination during their pregnancy than not, even though there is no official research.

One of my moms works at a birth center as an L&D nurse. She’s holding off while she’s still breastfeeding. She is erring on the side of causion. The birth center she works at isn’t forcing her (or any staff) to get one.

Another patient asked for one and was given one because she was under the assumption that it was a live virus and she would build antibodies that would be passed onto her baby.

One patient of mine contracted Covid19 last December and then became pregnant a month later. Her OB is testing her for antibodies and is monitoring/tracking her closely. Her OB also wants to test her placenta after she births.

The other moms (mostly working from home) have told me that either they or their OBs/midwives have all brought up the subject of vaccinations during their appointments. So far it’s 60%/40% on who recommends it and who doesn’t. Even among OBs, the opinion is split even though ACOG endorses it.

What I have found really surprising, is that except for that one patient, non of the OBs or midwives are tracking these pregnant women after they get vaccinated. I would have thought that this would be a prime opportunity to have that data. A few have even asked to be part of a trial or database and were told there isn’t one. I found that strange.

Have others also been taking an unofficial poll?

~Anita Curry