Home Page Forums MAMPS General Questions Mother Warming and Postpartum Recommendations? Reply To: Mother Warming and Postpartum Recommendations?

• Melissa Chivers

June 30, 2021 at 12:41 am

Hi Renee,

I don’t have a huge amount of experience with this but did do an at home treatment this morning for a women who has a 2 week old.

38 y/o first time mum, no problem conceiving. She had no pregnancy complications and only suffered back pain which was treated effectively with acupuncture.

s/s: Felt hot, had night sweats and would often feel clammy. Energy and sleep were relatively good. Emotionally feeling ok. Feeling very supported by family.

Problems breastfeeding and with low milk supply, which she is finding very stressful.

Tight shoulders, particularly around gb21.

Induced at 39 +6 (due to Obstetrician’s schedule), epidural, vaginal delivery, no instruments used, some grazing, first degree tear, no stitches. Felt very happy with birth.

Pulse was quite deep and thin, Tongue was red, no coating and cracked.

Yin Deficiency and used points kd 7, 3, st 36, kd 14, cv 6, bh, yt, gb 34.

I started with a 15 minute shoulder massage focusing around gb21 and a little foot massage at the end. I did do some mother warming using moxa on cv 8 – cv 2.

When I arrived I put a pot of tea on the stove to brew for the hour (Da Zao 4 pieces, Gou Qi Zi 1 teaspoon, Hong Zao 1 piece) and she had this after the treatment and to sip on for the rest of the day.

If anyone has any feedback/ questions or pointers that would be very helpful!