Home Page Forums MAMPS General Questions Postpartum urinary retention and large vaginal hematoma Reply To: Postpartum urinary retention and large vaginal hematoma

• Sarah Tewhey

Instructor's Assistant
    July 10, 2021 at 3:16 am

Nothing really to add in the way of help, but sending solidarity. This sounds terribly painful.

I would probably be focusing on trauma and keeping the blood warm and moving as you are doing.

Its a different situation, but I have had really stunning results a bunch of times with UB58 (also look for tender points in the surrounding area) shrinking vulval varicosities in pregnancy. A vaginal hematoma isn’t quite the same thing, but in both cases its blood not being held up properly in the pelvic floor…so it might be worth a try?

I’ll be interested to hear how she fares and how long it takes for things to return to normal. I’m also curious about what position she was laboring in? How large her baby was? If the baby had a nuchal hand? What were her hemoglobin/ferratin levels like in pg? If she had signs of stasis or of anemia in pg? The covid piece is super interesting and makes me very worried about blood vessel integrity in covid survivors long term. So many questions…. 😉