Home Page Forums MAMPS General Questions Mother Warming and Postpartum Recommendations? Reply To: Mother Warming and Postpartum Recommendations?

• Claudia Citkovitz

Instructor
    July 10, 2021 at 11:47 am

Hi All

What a great forum discussion! Renee I wonder if you would be willing to make some kind of a compilation — perhaps a Google Doc with a Table of Contents? That would provide an overview that automatically jumps down to the relevant section when you click it, you could just make the title headings then cut/paste people’s suggestions from here. https://www.howtogeek.com/398747/how-to-create-a-table-of-contents-in-google-docs/

Also to the question about post C-Section care — here’s a lecture I give sometimes, ‘4 treatments every CS patient should have’. (I compress to 3 when talking to docs). Love to hear others’ thoughts.

One final thought on postpartum care is that many of us have found another Pandemic silver lining in the normalization of Zoom consult visits. That way you can chat for 1/2 hour, coo at the baby, and check mom for pain, prolonged bleeding, excessive pallor, purple tongue, poor appetite, depression, etc. If you do suspect something problematic, you can then specifically recommend she come in soon and it has more medical weight to it, than just recommending a routine postpartum visit. And if you don’t, you can instruct her on mother warming, prescribe sheng hua tang, teach her abdominal round rubbing for self and baby….whatever.

Warmly

Claudia