Home Page Forums MAMPS General Questions Help – Pg px with Covid Reply To: Help – Pg px with Covid

• Sarah Tewhey

Instructor's Assistant
    September 17, 2021 at 7:25 am

Thank You All!!

I offered many of the suggestions here and got some support from Claudia.

Her midwife gave her a pulse oximeter to use at home to monitor oxygen saturation and she was hovering for many days around 95-97% (94% being the cut off here for requiring supplemental oxygen in pg). She was incredibly sick and not able to even respond by email or text for awhile, so I am unsure how many of the suggestions I was sending she was able to incorporate. But she was incredibly grateful to have some options for ways to help herself.

She had a total of 12 days of fever and pretty severe illness, but she avoided hospitalization and in this case I’m counting that as a triumph because things were quite touch and go for awhile with long stretches where I wasn’t hearing from her because she was too ill to be in touch. She is now incredibly weak and believes she has a long road ahead and I do worry about impacts on her baby which we may not even know about yet. She will be doing covid recovery and third trimester/labor/early postpartum at the same time and we are already planning alot of support for her in the months ahead. I have yet to see her back in clinic or via telehealth.

I have known multiple people who have had covid and this was by far the scariest case I have seen – primarily because both her and her babe were at stake. It was hard to watch. It has underscored for me how seriously covid can effect pregnant people who are otherwise in perfect health and doing all the right things preventatively.

Thank you for your help and support,

Sarah