Home Page Forums MAMPS General Questions Pregnancy with very large fibroid Reply To: Pregnancy with very large fibroid

• Claudia Citkovitz

Instructor
    October 21, 2021 at 2:02 pm

Hi Ciara!

Re: herbs, in keeping with our practice of reaching out to senior colleagues rather than ‘faking it till we make it’, I reached out to Sharon W who does way more herbs in pregnancy than I do. Here’s what she said:

As for this case, the most important thing to consider is the location of the fibroid. It is most likely on the outside of the uterus since it did not impact a previous pregnancy and that it can so easily be palpated. that would be good news because it will not impact the endometrium or the uterine space. It’s just a lot for the mom to deal with on the outside.

If this were my patient and she was interested in herbs, I would for sure! treat her. However, I would forget the presence of the fibroid and treat the pattern that is there without it. I don’t necessarily mean to just treat the constitution. She has a thick yellowish greasy big tongue so there is stuff going on. I’d do a full intake, ignoring the fibroid and see what I come up with and do that. A rapid slippery pulse is pretty normal for pregnancy. Something like the fibroid can be such a huge red herring. It is so obvious that practitioners want to treat the fibroid and not the patient. If she gets the pattern right, the fibroid should either stop growing or shrink, even if she is deficient (which she probably is to some extent after 3 kids and 3 terminations at 29)