Home Page Forums MAMPS MAMPS Case Histories Frank breech with IUGR, low amniotic fluid, and low umbilical blood flow Reply To: Frank breech with IUGR, low amniotic fluid, and low umbilical blood flow

• Debra Betts

Instructor
    November 1, 2021 at 8:42 pm

Hi Anita

Thanks for providing the research article on using LI 4 and SP 6 to improve umbilical blood flow – although I note the women in this study were 39 weeks plus – as you patient is around 35 weeks- not something I would feel comfortable doing just yet ! It sounds as if your approach of Moxa on BL 67 and ST 36 is holding so far – I can only add my love of using KID 9 to calm the uterus. It does not look to me from her tongue presentation that the problem is her poor quality blood. Do you think she has internal heat that is causing an issue or is the redness in the tongue just a reflection of normal pregnancy physiology?

The only other aspect to add is midwives here would encourage women to lie on their left side to improve blood flow and if possible to make time twice a day to do this 20 mins…

Look forward to others idea and your follow up Debra