• Rebecca Donnelly

January 6, 2022 at 6:05 pm

Hi Kelli!

Yes, dancing keeps me sane for sure! Nia is a combination of dance arts, martial arts, and healing arts. . . I love a good free dance and find that so therapeutic… and that happens in Nia classes too but there is some structure as well. But/And it is always guided by doing the moves in your way and in a way that you are feeling some pleasure. I find that learning and embodying different movement forms also helps me to find strength and balance and fun ways to move I might not have come by in my living room! Honestly the dancing for me and the teaching has been a huge healing and contradiction for me to move out of darkness to a place of feeling joy in my body and just feeling much more life force available. You can check out http://www.niatv.fit if you want to check out a recorded class or you can find lots of live online classes at Nianow.com . I don’t know about San Francisco (I am sure there must be some there). . .I do know of classes in the Marin area because I have a sister there.

Thank you for reaching out Kelli. . . .looking forward to getting to know you more this year!

Rebecca