• kristine williams

February 3, 2022 at 4:45 pm

This was my very first time working with black spruce. My body felt sense before I began was a higher level of anxiety than normal swirling throughout me, and I felt particularly unsafe and ungrounded. And I remembered my black spruce EO came in the mail a few days ago, then I remembered you wanted us to put it on KD1 and I felt it was the perfect time for it. The scent is strong and it smells dark and strong to me, like the thickness of a mountain forest with dark fertile soil (I grew up going to the Adirondacks). It was a little heady at first maybe bc I sniffed too strongly due to one nostril having less smell sense than the other lol. but soon after I noticed my body felt sense was that it was moving downward, like throwing dirt into a small body of water, drifting down. The visualization I had was that it was soothing my nerves which looked like roots and rhizomes throughout my body, a bit more strongly as it got to my feet at which point there was a heavy anchoring sensation. At one point I felt as if the black spruce was a soothing balm to my nerves. I’d like to see what happens over the next days and weeks as I get to know black spruce a little bit more.