• Kelli Pallansch

February 11, 2022 at 8:35 am

I wanted to blindly try Black Spruce on KID1 so I could feel it for myself first without any knowledge that might influence the experience. (I’m like this with movies… the less I know going in, the more I am apt to enjoy it. No trailers, no reviews, no expectations.) I went through my first-aid kit and was surprised that I didn’t already have it! So this really was new to me. I put some on, laid down, and waited to see what this was all about. It was quiet for a while, then all of a sudden I felt a coniferous tree shoot up my legs and into my heart space. Like a time lapse video of a tree growing. I could visualise this tree inside me. It was strong, steady, calm. I was in awe knowing how wise it is, even without knowing exactly what that wisdom is. It made me realize how much inside me is unnecessary, all the stuff in the space between this tree and the surface of my skin… stuff like extra pounds, cravings for Sauvignon Blanc, streaming mindless TV, my current online search the perfect sweater, those little daily worries that are forgotten the next day. I then read more about Black Spruce, more about KID1 and find myself applying every morning and evening. Now instead of trying to sense it or learn about it, I’m surrendering to it and just letting it be there for me. I like the tingle at the bottom of my feet, the reminder to stand in tree pose at random times throughout the day (checkout line at the grocery store, anyone?). I wasn’t a fan of the pungent fragrance at the beginning, and now I find myself craving it. All I can do right now is receive it as a friend to support me. This is different for me in a way I can’t quite articulate yet.