• benjamin@anewpossibility.com

Instructor
    February 12, 2022 at 6:33 am

Kelli – thanks for sharing here. I really resonate with what you are bringing forward, and especially with what Alice Sparkly Kat is saying. I’m always aware of the absolute necessity and responsibility to remain humble and relational in working with a person’s birth chart. Astrology is a powerful tool. I’ve seen too many times its being used in damaging ways by people who have no business counseling others. The chart offers insight to a range of possibility, but it can never accurately describe who a person is. We have free will and choice about how we respond to the archetypal energies of our chart. My hope is always that I can use the wisdom of the symbols to offer a person more understanding, to empower them to make choices that are in service to their evolution as an embodied soul.

I heard a podcast recently produced by a dear friend that addresses how AI reflects the mindset and orientation of the human who designed the code that informs it. It’s worth a listen: https://www.si.edu/sidedoor/robot-mirror. We have to ask who is designing the functionality of the algorithms. Ultimately, in listening to this podcast I came to the conclusion that AI lacks the fundamental subtlety of emotion that makes us human. There is a mystery at the center of the human soul, which is the quality of being human that our work is essentially concerned with. Neither an algorithm or even a birth chart can describe that mystery. I believe we understand it only by engaging in embodied relationship, which takes delicacy, sensitivity, perseverance, kindness, and love.