• benjamin@anewpossibility.com

Instructor
    February 19, 2022 at 6:49 am

Hi Lauren – I’m pleased to know your seedling is watered! 🌱💦💚

I look forward to getting more familiar with the Major Arcana through your work and also to making deeper connections to their astrological associations. Most definitely, from what you describe it does seem that the medicine of the archetype in the card addresses not just the potential challenges of the sign, but the actual evolutionary invitation of the sign. So, for example, with The Chariot, you describe Cancer’s invitation to open the heart to the depth of its emotional sensitivity, despite the risk of being hurt by the world.

With Temperance, it does seem the card is speaking more to the balancing of Sagittarius’ potential shadow, which is overinflation, excess, a grandiose sense of oneself, a God-like complex. It’s interesting to me that Temperance follows the Death card, as Sagittarius follows Scorpio in the zodiac, Scorpio being associated with Death. And perhaps that is the point … that our conscious awareness of Death and of our own mortality IS tempering. And yet at the same time such consciousness invites us to experience life fully, to make every day count, and these qualities are very much associated with a healthy expression of Sagittarius.

Fun!! 😍