• Lorie Dechar

February 25, 2022 at 12:33 pm

Kristine, I have read through your writing here on your prima materia. I feel that you are on track with your exploration of this issue of anxiety, particularly because it kept “coming back” which is usually a sign that there is some psychic material that needs to be cared about and transformed.

Like Benjamin, Aspen FE came to me as an ally for your laboratory work with this prima materia. We are going to discuss flower essences in more detail on the Wood Weekend so you could wait until then to start but if you feel called to begin getting to know this flower, go ahead and order a bottle. There are basic directions for using flower essences in The Alchemy of Inner Work and we are also happy to support from here.

I understand the double-edged sword of psychic sensitivity. Developing our capacity to establish clear boundaries and also to clear energies we may have taken into our field is an important part of self-care. If you have not already completed the video / class, A Heart-Centered Approach to Boundaries, which is one of the homework assignments for this section of the mentorship, I highly recommend that you watch it as I think it will give you some useful tools for self-protection and clearing.

I totally agree with you that one important piece of working with anxiety is calming down an over-activated nervous system. The flower essence will help with that as will taking action steps for healthy boundaries. Another suggestion as you work with this prima materia is to engage in a daily breath practice. You may already do this and have a practice you like but if not, let me know and I will send you two simple guided practices that I love!