• Lorie Dechar

February 27, 2022 at 9:03 am

Dear Anita, I’m chiming in here to say that I appreciate your bringing this concern to the forum. What is happening in the Ukraine is, of course, an issue that is affecting all of us, as citizens of the world as well as practitioners.

Yet, as Benjamin says, the current nightmare situation in the Ukraine will affect each of us differently, at different times, in different ways, according to our ancestry, our epigenetic heritage, our personal relationships to those directly affected, our constitutions, our innate sensitivity to the sufferings of others as well as our geographic proximity to the actual events on the ground.

So, I feel that the best course is to take it one person at a time, making plenty of space for people to express their own experience without feeling that we have to “fix it.” As Benjamin so wisely counsels, we need to stay right-sized in the face of this inhuman madness. We can only do what we can do, respond as well as we can, moment to moment.

Meanwhile, we can us the tools of alchemy – flower essences, oils, spirit points, meditation practices, inner sensing, shaking qigong, prayer, dance and song – to support our selves and others in moving through the extreme challenges of our time. This is exactly what I developed Alchemical Healing to deal with – to support us in continuing to evolve towards more skillful ways of being human even as we face the increasing chaos and uncertainty of our time … remembering that the sufferings and disintegrations may well be a necessary part of larger global transformation processes underway.