• Stephanie Nosco

March 5, 2022 at 9:36 am

Hi Lorie,

Thank you so much for your thorough response.

As someone with a very “woody” constitution, it seems to be hard to keep in balance. I have been seeing Ashely Abbs on a consistent basis for treatment and she suggested bergamot oil. I have fallen out of the routine of using it, so I will start again today!

And thank you for reminding me about the metal element. In addition to your comments re: inherent preciousness, I realize that then ending of cycle has been challenging for me. I just completed a masters degree but have yet to frame my certificate or even go out to celebrate. I also have yet to register for licensing or do those nitty gritty details of organizing my credentials.

In addition, finances and money have been an area of shame for me. I avoid my taxes and finances at all costs, until it is the last minute and everything piles up. I know that I probably waste money because I don’t want to look at where it is going. I don’t know if money relates to the metal element, but wonder this lack of internal worth relates to also my external relationship to money. I also notice an underlying anxiety when these necessary parts of life are not taken care of (cleaning the dishes, tracking bills and details), which actually hinder my capacity for creative energy to flow. I am now just putting together the fact that metal supports wood in its ability to provide a sense of safely and structure.

I have started the mindful breathing practice. I appreciate you giving permission to go easy- 5 minutes rather than the heroic long meditations.

I will continue to reflect on what you said and look forward to our office hours this week.

Thank you!!

Stephanie