• kristine williams

March 8, 2022 at 3:58 pm

I was going to ask if I could take both together! Thank you for being supportive and providing a safe space/platform to “stretch my wings” or so to speak and stand up for myself. As a woman I historically felt that I had to put up with things, particularly from men, and be a nice girl. And when I had to stand up for myself in the past, that was often met with silence and no support. Which at times made me feel like I was in the wrong, or that I shouldn’t have my boundaries or say anything. I think that this experience is helping me shift that narrative in my self, and I hope that gives other people the permission to do so as well. My thinking is that I would love to be able to be so strong within myself that it doesn’t matter if I have outside support, down the line. Bringing it back to my PM is that maybe one day I can learn to feel safe and secure in myself and give my nervous system a break. Hopefully growing that muscle now! I decided to share when I had the thought – what if this comes up for someone else, or if they are having a similar experience. I am also shy at times so that was not easy but I knew it was something I wanted to share for my own growth and that of the group.