• benjamin@anewpossibility.com

Instructor
    March 10, 2022 at 2:39 pm

Dear Hung,

For six years prior to Lorie’s and my formally establishing A New Possibility, we had already been offering the mentorship with Lorie as teacher and my fulfilling the familiar and comfortable role of organizer and administrator in the background. Separately, I practiced as a licensed massage therapist and pursued my passion for astrology solely as a hobby, despite receiving increasing numbers of requests from people (mentorship participants and others) to read their charts. I had all kinds of excuses for why I wasn’t ready, all of which boiled down to a fear of coming out of hiding. One day, growing increasingly impatient with me, Lorie unleashed all the ferocity of her four planets in Aries at me when she asked, “When are you just going to say, YES?” It was literally like a knife to my chest, piercing me in the best possible way, initiating me into a new iteration of myself … one that would ultimately lead to my manifesting my vision for A New Possibility and to taking my work as an astrologer seriously. The journey continues, of course, but that pivotal turning point stays with me.

I thought of this personal experience of my own when I read your post. I’m deeply grateful to you for stepping out of your own place of familiarity and comfort, for stepping forward rather than withdrawing back.

From the moment you contacted us expressing your interest in the mentorship, to our receiving your application, to our email exchanges, and my exploration of your web site to discover more about who you are and the work you are doing in the world, I’ve had a palpable sense of your Buddha nature.

There is so much about your story that is unimaginable to me. But the violent father part is very known. I grew up similarly, with my own father’s verbal, emotional, and physical abuse often aimed at me and my older brother, which ultimately led to my brother’s compensating for his own powerlessness through additional physical violence toward me. It was a painful hierarchy of abuse that, as you say so well, left little room for tenderness or vulnerability.

I’ve learned that each of us has our own way of responding to the circumstances of our life, of constructing an identity that at least partly consists of the strategies we employed to cope with the challenges and traumas we experienced as a child. More and more, I see our work as a holding of space and an offering of tools for the dismantling or reorganization of this construction such that authentic nature can express itself.

Your work with your small group, with the flower essences, with your own meditation and finding of the felt sense, your tracking of that felt sense, and essentially your decision to keep saying YES to joining us for the experience of this mentorship is an inspiration to me. Your post here affirms for me why we do the work we do.

This …

Our journey is to restore the Heart – the true Sovereign back to its rightful seat. Its power to heal, shine, and empower transformation throughout the kingdom was long ago obscured by betrayals, by violations that we would not wish to inflict on anyone, the ones that we’d wished had not been inflicted on us.

… brings copious tears to my eyes each time I read it. I think because it resonates for me personally, but also because for me it so gets at the essence of what I understand alchemical healing to be.

Thank you, Hung.