• Kari Knapstad

March 16, 2022 at 1:56 am

Thank you, Lorie. I felt the swing’s motion is exactly that, the “swinging oscillations of transformational process between order/disorder, coniunctio/negrido.”

I am really looking forward to working with our dreams, because they just keep coming! It is Wood time, after all…. This morning I woke from two more airplane dreams. The second time I’ve had more than one in a night, so I will bring it up again. The first was a rough crash-landing in the mountains, where the landing gear wasn’t engaging and the engines weren’t slowing the plane as the wings broke off and left scattered, broken pine trees in its wake. I was inside at some points and outside observing at others. That came as a memory from earlier in the morning, after the next one woke me.

I was inside of this second plane, in the cockpit, for the emergency landing. My brother was piloting the plane, but wasn’t trained as a pilot and was struggling to land it. We landed on the street where we grew up and I noted in my dream that it was a good, wide street for an emergency landing, just wide enough for the wings to clear the houses (it is a wide street, but those wings wouldn’t fit! We stopped just at the busy street at the end of the block, slowly creeping into the first lane of traffic. The cars didn’t slow down, they just moved into the other lane and whizzed on past. My brother and I just looked at each other wide-eyed, in a state of heightened sympathetic nervous systems and shocked disbelief that we had survived. While both planes landed in far less than perfect circumstances, neither one exploded. I would say that is progress! And perhaps I don’t need to be so concerned about what anyone thinks, since those cars didn’t even slow down when a big ol’ plane came sliding the road during rush hour traffic! These people clearly had other things on their mind.