• Lauren Potts

March 19, 2022 at 1:27 pm

Hey Cari,

I just wanted to say hi. I don’t think we’ve communicated in this space, but I have read your intro and Prima Materia and, as a mother of an 8 year old boy (soon to be 9) myself, I just wanted to connect. My son, Ollie, has ADHD as well and there is a constant undercurrent of anxious energy emanating from him. His social behavior is not a big issue at this time but we had some really rough times in 2020/2021 while I was homeschooling him and his little sis (Joni – she’s 6 now). It got pretty ugly for a while there and every day I was craving some way to escape and not even recognizing myself in my responses to him on bad days. As a peace loving mama who supports folks every day in soothing their anxieties it has been incredibly difficult to feel helpless and triggered by those energies constantly present in my child.

I know there are a bazillion resources out there in the parenting world that I’m sure you’re aware of. So this is just a note of solidarity. I love the way you phrased your Prima Materia – the reference to an unpredictable weather pattern. The point ST 25 – Heavenly Pivot comes to mind. How can you find yourself centered on that Heavenly axis in yourself and pivot to meet the hurricane force that is Wolfie at times when he blows through, rather than get swept away in the storm? That’s the eye of the storm, right there. Sending all the supportive vibes your way and echoing your knowledge that you have the strength to be what he needs of you. I’m also just appreciating how you’re centering your family relationship in this space. Thank you for your shares.