• Vicki Rivard

March 27, 2022 at 7:41 pm

Dear Stephanie,

Thank you so much for this message—I am only seeing it now!

I absolutely love the slogan (and the notion): “all parts are welcome.”

As I mentioned in group, a beautiful practice space has appeared in my life and in my (limited) spare time I have been imagining decor—how can this space express the song of my heart?

One thing that keeps coming up, in my vision, is a wooden sign at the entrance stating, “All are welcome here.”

I have been thinking of this statement as applying to the humans who will enter the space, but your message makes me realize that there is a more expansive meaning to the statement.

“All are welcome here” also applies to all of the PARTS of the humans (and all of the PARTS of myself), including those that are are deemed problematic and distressful. May we tend to those parts with love and care and give them permission to transform into more effective allies on the journey. Yes, yes, yes.

Transformation is absolutely a death of sorts, but you’re right about the language. In my body, the word death triggers feelings of fear (even though I am a Death Doula and around death all the time!) whereas the word transformation triggers feelings of freedom. I will adopt this language! Thank you.

I have not done my actual ritual yet. It feels imperative that my ritual include the Earth element and Yi spirit (the ones I feel least connected to, but magnetically drawn to, right now). I want to have my feet/hands in the Earth and literally “plant something new.” So I am waiting for the ground to be fully thawed here—likely late April, early May.

However, I was at a magical little crystal shop today and there was an invitation there to, “write what you would like to release from your life, then burn it.” So, I did. (Photos attached.)

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me, Stephanie. I look forward to continuing along this alchemical adventure with you. Hugs.