• benjamin@anewpossibility.com

Instructor
    March 31, 2022 at 2:03 pm

Dear Vicki,

It’s been really lovely to take some time now to read the various responses and exchanges with Stephanie, Daniel (great questions!), Liz, and Cara here on your PM thread. Thank you for your response to me!

Indeed, the boat does need to be rocked. And I understand the fear associated with becoming exiled, but I do think that Toko-Pa Turner (love her book Belonging) is on to something in describing the Outcast’s triumph as a place of belonging in the world “large enough to shelter others.” The archetype of Aquarius does describe a certain quality of exile, but it is also a sign associated with tribe, with like-minded groups, with chosen family … and so we find one another in our exile and are no longer alone. But instead, we build a new world together.

You say it beautifully, “I imagine New Earth will be made up of plenty of unbelongers …”

Here’s to each of us finding the courage to express “unabashed authenticity!”

Keep us posted on your ritual, too, when the time comes for you to perform it.