• benjamin@anewpossibility.com

Instructor
    April 3, 2022 at 5:05 am

Good morning, Ann – thanks for posting here, and for making the effort to join us yesterday in the midst of being with family in Virginia to remember and celebrate your father’s life. I’m glad you are honoring your father by giving your Prima Materia the dedication it deserves and not “half-assing it.” I can still hear my own father’s admonition, “If you’re going to do something, do it right.” I’m not sure about you, but that statement has been something of a blessing and a curse in my life. I do take care to bring my full heart to all I do, and I’ve had to learn also to go easy on myself when I don’t live up to my internalized expectations.

I will look forward to reading your Prima Materia when you get it articulated; meanwhile, I’ll let you know that we are not going to assign a lot of new reading, etc. for the month of April so you will have some space to catch up if you are able to prioritize that in your weeks ahead. But it may be the most ‘alchemically healing’ thing you can do to tend your grief, to make space for it, listen to it, understand what it is asking from you.

Stay in contact with us and with Karla, and please let us know how we can support you in staying engaged with the work.