• Lorie Dechar

April 7, 2022 at 11:58 am

As I read this “backstory,” these deepening details of the early breaking of your heart and the healing that is currently underway, I am very aware of the determination and courage that has brought you to the place you are now, Vicki. I am aware that while this backstory incudes violence, betrayal and abandonment, it also includes the love you received from your “Black Spruce” Gramdpa and the resilience you inherited from your wounded but resilient maternal line. All this is woven into the tapestry of your unfolding life and is part of the prima materia you are currently transforming.

I resonate with your plan to wait until later in the spring, when the ground is thawed, to do your ritual and the plant the seeds of the newness that is coming to life in you. Meanwhile, stay close to your guide, the Outcast archetype. While she represents only one part of the “newness” emerging in you right now, she does have important wisdom to impart, particularly in regard to being able to stand steady in one’s own truth even when that truth does not correspond to the values of the collective or the needs, desires and beliefs of other people you may come in contact with. Cerato Flower will also be a potent ally for you in this work.

It is wonderful, Vicki, to meet you back here at these crossroads so many years after our first meeting and to have the opportunity now to delve so much deeper into the alchemy.