Home Page Forums MAMPS 2022 General Questions Labor Prep questions Reply To: Labor Prep questions

• Sarah Tewhey

Instructor's Assistant
    April 22, 2022 at 4:42 am

Hi Michelle,

Labor prep is a topic we all love and talk about alot! And measuring success is such a great question. Its something I think about alot. I’m sure we’ll talk about this in great detail, but just initially I think success can be measured both by quantitative measurements, ie: Bishop’s score at 40wks, initiation of labor in relation to EDD (estimated due date), how labor progresses once it does begin, etc. AND also by qualitative experience. I find that my patients receiving pre-birth/labor prep treatments from 36 weeks onward just tend to have more positive birth experiences, regardless of the outcome…and its hard to say exactly what is creating that positive impact.

The liver gummy line is on the LR line of the lower leg maybe one handwidth both above and below LR5. You know it when you find it because it is generally sore and pretty lumpy. Claudia’s book Acupressure and Acupuncture During Birth is outstanding. Highly recommend getting a copy as its an invaluable resource.