Home Page Forums MAMPS 2022 Writers group Welcome to the Writer’s Group Forum! General QUESTIONS regarding the group here Reply To: Welcome to the Writer’s Group Forum! General QUESTIONS regarding the group here

• Kerry Goodwin

April 22, 2022 at 11:53 am

Hi! I’m really looking forward to developing my writing skills and connecting with all of you through the writer’s group! I’m new to this process and had a few questions come up after the first meeting and beginning the assignment of creating an annotated bibliography. First, how detailed should our topic or question be, I am stuck on how broad or specific I should focus my research. For example if I am searching for mood disorders during pregnancy and its impact on postpartum, this search yielded SO many articles and references. Do you recommend creating a search question or topic that would be much more specific? Second, throughout the first meeting it was mentioned several times to stick to “the method” of writing and that there is a specific outline to follow. Is this something we will begin to go over or is this information available in the resources. I did check there but did not see where I might find it. Thank you!