• Lauren Potts

May 31, 2022 at 9:45 am

You are certainly not alone in this, Lucy, and I’m glad to hear that this sharing was supportive for you too 💖.

Benjamin, great point about reminding each other to turn off being an integral aspect of supportive community. I’m realizing that part of my “spiritual temper tantrum” was that I had lost perspective on the things that support me and had turned them from gorgeous and spacious moments of reconnection to tasks on my never-ending to-do list that I was resenting. And they were among the first to get cut from that list when demands outpaced my availability. The dream that I referenced above had a few different presentations of the idea of a perspective shift. I was on a journey to a temple and when I arrived I saw, with distaste, only a commercial center. I circled/spiraled around it only to find that from a different vantage point it was, in fact, the temple I was seeking only covered over with a disguise. Also in that dream a conversation with you and Lorie about the magic and glory of a sunset being fully apparent to one person while another experienced it as ho-hum and flat.