• benjamin@anewpossibility.com

Instructor
    June 7, 2022 at 7:25 am

Dear Ellen – I want to join Christine in thanking you for your beautiful reflection, and for making the effort to articulate it all in English! I really appreciate your taking the time to write this summary of your last 5 months in order to invite us more deeply into your process.

As I read, by the time I got to “The coyote of the fire whispered to me that I had to be patient. And yes, that made me impatient.” I smiled. A smile of recognition that in you there is a well-developed capacity to observe yourself, to move through the various challenges of life without taking any of it, or yourself, too seriously. I think that is an important skill to master.

I hope your mother’s condition has stabilized, and that you are not experience persistent symptoms from the covid. It sounds like your time here in the States was rich and I find myself very curious about your near-death-valley-experience. I’ve never visited Death Valley, but I imagine the stark desert beauty of that place. I love the southwest, in general, so will have to make time to get back there.

You speak so much of impatience that I have to wonder if working with Impatiens flower essence might be supportive. You can read more about it here: http://www.flowersociety.org/impatiens.htm, and since it is one of the Bach remedies (the first he discovered!), it should be readily available locally.

The planet Uranus is presently moving through the sign of Taurus. As I write, it has nearly reached the 17th degree of that sign (there are 30 degrees per zodiac sign). Your natal Venus sits at 17 degrees Taurus, with your Moon at 21 degrees, and your north node at 23 degrees. Uranus will not reach your Moon and North Node until next year summer, but it is already close enough that you would be feeling the restlessness this planet tends to stir up in us when it makes significant transits to sensitive points in our chart.

Uranus always invites us to upset the status quo in our lives, to take a stand for our own truth, to express our individuality without concern for the approval of anyone. And perhaps, most especially, Uranus opens us to confront our own internalized stories about who we *should* be or how we must conform to expectations that have been put in place by family or culture.

As the second half of the year approaches and you find yourself having to make decisions about your direction, I hope that Uranus emboldens you to take risks to express your authentic self as you craft how you are going to integrate your shiatsu, acupuncture, and coaching.

Please feel welcome to lean in and ask for support from us, Ellen. Lorie and I are here and interested in hearing more about how your practice and life continues to evolve from this crossroads.