Looking for a maternity acupuncture education that will set you apart?
Join MAMPS for a maternity acupuncture education that sets you apart!
- Learn from experienced acupuncturists
- Comprehensive program blending biomedicine and acupuncture-related care
- Hands-on experience providing acupuncture treatments
- Confidence to collaborate with primary care providers
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in the field
Enroll now and get ready to have fun while becoming a leader in maternity acupuncture!
Step up as the expert in perinatal care with MAMPS training!
- Offer expert support during pregnancy, birth, and postpartum
- Gain a specialized understanding of pregnancy progression and physiologic birth
- Become informed, effective, and evidence-based in perinatal care
- Enhance your acupuncture theories for perinatal care
Elevate your skills and make a difference in the lives of expectant mothers with MAMPS training. Enroll now and become the hero in perinatal care!
Full MAMPS Mentorship Program
The MAMPS program is presented in a modular format, to support solid mastery of one topic before moving on to the next.
This program is a rigorous 9-month program of study that combines pre-recorded lectures, reading assignments, and live group study meetings with MAMPS mentors. Students interested in focusing on perinatal care and receiving a certificate of completion as a MAMPS graduate should choose this option.
- Five modules of pre-recorded video lectures spanning nine months of learning. Modules include Foundations of Perinatal Care, Pregnancy, Labor Preparation, Labor and Birth, and Postpartum
- Live one-hour monthly discussion with Debra Betts, Caudia Citkovitz, Zena Kocher, Kate Levett and/or Sarah Tewhey to discuss the current module and troubleshoot challenging cases submitted to the forum by current students and alumni. A recording is made available to those who cannot attend in person
- Live one-hour monthly Special Topics in Evidence Based Practice meeting with Kate Levett, Debra Betts, Zena Kocher or Claudia Citkovitz to discuss practical treatment methods for a variety of clinical concerns. A recording is made available to those who cannot attend in person
- Monthly reading assignments to accompany lectures
- Online discussion forum with MAMPS mentors, alumni, and current students to post questions and cases
- One individual writing mentoring session with Claudia Citkovitz for those students who submit a draft they are working on for publication, education or community outreach
- Full access to the MAMPS Library and Archives, which includes written resources and prior MAMPS recorded lectures
- Quizzes and worksheets after each module for educational growth and CEU credit
- MAMPS Certificate of Completion with the option to remain in the MAMPS learning community as an alumni at a deeply discounted rate
- Participants should plan to spend 2-5 hours per week on pre-recorded lectures and reading and an additional 2 hours per month attending live discussions or watching the recordings
Meet Your Mentors:
*Years of clinical experience: 148
*Individual obstetric px: (estimated) 11,040
*Research papers published: 78
*4 chapters in textbooks
*Births Attended: estimated 1900
*Years providing in-hospital care: 99
*Students taught: (estimated) 675
*Textbooks published: 2 complete textbooks
Mentorship Overview & Curriculum:
- Acupressure and Acupuncture During Birth by Claudia Citkovitz
- Acupuncture in Pregnancy and Childbirth by Debra Betts
- Prenatal and Postnatal Care: A Woman Centered Approach, Second Edition by Jordan et al.
- The Birth Partner, Fifth Edition by Penny Simkin
- Human Labor and Birth by Glenn Posner et al.
Goals and Objectives
Participants in the course can expect to…
- Learn foundational biomedical knowledge regarding normal pregnancy, birth, and postpartum, as well as common complications.
- Be able to provide acupuncture care to pregnant and postpartum people that is individualized and evidence-based.
- Understand safety concerns, red flags, and reasons for referral when providing perinatal care.
- Acquire basic research literacy skills and understand the current research on acupuncture within this area of study.